perl-i18n

RE: Localized PODs

2003-01-30 08:57:47
uhmm... also there is a turkish pod translation project started by me:
http://trperl.sourceforge.net/
based on 5.8 pods.

But I'm the only active member for now and didnt release an important pod
yet...
perlfunc has finished but not on the site now...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean M. Burke [mailto:sburke(_at_)cpan(_dot_)org]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 2:52 PM
To: Tatsuhiko Miyagawa
Cc: perlguy(_at_)perlguy(_dot_)com; Autrijus Tang;
perl-i18n(_at_)perl(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Localized PODs

At 09:26 PM 2003-01-30 +0900, Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
we're running perldoc.jp for POD translastion into Japanese. we use
sourceforge CVS to keep track of original module updates, rathar
than just
including translations into each modules distros.

Yes, this is the unfortunate problem: Pod is great for writing
module docs,
because module docs aren't big and complicated.  But the
documentation for
Perl IS big and complicated, and so at some point it just needs its own
solutions for things like keeping everything in sync.

And I'm absolutely amazed and impressed by people who can keep up
with the
immense task of translating a docbase that's not just big and
complicated,
but is constantly changing!  It's amazing!  I'd be a nervous
wreck if I had
to face a problem even one tenth as big.  But there it is,
http://perldoc.jp/ , and it works!

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/