perl-i18n

Re: Localized PODs

2003-01-30 05:00:33
At 02:24 PM 2003-01-29 -0500, Kevin Meltzer wrote:
I'd hope there would be a way, though, to somehow know that the big5 encoding wasn't updated, but en was. If for nothing else, to alert an author during a 'make dist'... "Hey Pal! Update the X, Y and Z POD encodings!"

I hope you mean "version" when you say "encoding".

With that reading, I know just what you mean -- it's a very tricky problem. It's my feeling that there are solutions, but they all have reliability and simplicity as /competing/ goals, and you can't get one without giving up part of the other.

I'm tending toward believing that a system that keeps a dozen translations of perlfunc wonderfully in sync, would be a bloated disaster if applied to smaller projects (namely, a small module with one doc in English and another in Italian, for example).

--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/