perl-i18n

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

2003-10-07 08:37:47
Guido Flohr wrote:

Hi again,

Rich wrote:
Christophe Chisogne wrote:

Short question: how can I use standard GNU xgettext for i18n
when using printf parameter reordering ?

Hi Christophe

Try using xgettext.pl instead, which is part of
Locale::Maketext::Lexicon.

I don't think that this is an option because xgettext.pl will also
double the backslash in the original string (like "xgettext --lang=C"
which doesn't know that a dollar sign has to be escaped in double-quoted
Perl strings).

Oops - serves me right for not trying it before posting, sorry!
--
Rich
scriptyrich(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk