perl-i18n

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

2003-10-06 08:37:43
Hi,

Christophe Chisogne wrote:
Native xgettext Perl support, exactly what I was looking for :)
Thanks, but...

I got the latest CVS snapshot of GNU gettext via savannah.gnu.org with
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs(_at_)sources(_dot_)redhat(_dot_)com:/cvs/gettext co
gettext
but it seems the added Perl support for xgettext is not there :(

$ ./xgettext --lang=perl /path/to/file.pl
xgettext: language `perl' unknown
... and in xgettext.c extension_to_language() I only see
/* Here will follow more file extensions: sh, pl ... */

Am I missing something ? (wrong cvs server?)

I don't know. But the cvs update I did a minute ago still contained the Perl backend and the new sh backend. Try again? If you still can't manage to get the current version, send me a mail. I can pack you a snapshot, but I will be out of the office in about 30 minutes and away until Wednesday.

Ciao

Guido
--
Imperia AG, Development