perl-i18n

Re: xgettext and parameter reordering

2003-10-06 06:31:08
Hi again,

Rich wrote:
Christophe Chisogne wrote:

Short question: how can I use standard GNU xgettext for i18n
when using printf parameter reordering ?

Hi Christophe
Try using xgettext.pl instead, which is part of Locale::Maketext::Lexicon.

I don't think that this is an option because xgettext.pl will also double the backslash in the original string (like "xgettext --lang=C" which doesn't know that a dollar sign has to be escaped in double-quoted Perl strings).

BTW: The new "xgettext --lang=perl" will extract *all* kinds of strings including single-quoted strings or the q operator, no need to backslashify the $ at all, then.

Ciao

Guido
--
Imperia AG, Development