perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-23 00:08:25
Steve Purkis writes:

Chip Salzenberg wrote:

I can't ever do justice to Ted's ideas.  But his idea was a WWW-like
service
where each person can create his own farm of hyperlinks -- content need not
have all of its hyperlinks included at creation time; rather, hyperlinks
are
added on by people who discover/decide where it would be a good idea to
link
things.  And my set of links may not be the same as your set, since your
idea
of relevant connection may differ from mine.

Interesting idea.  And the links are stored in the ether?  I suppose this
is the "[accessing] data in a not-particularly-sequential fashion" problem
you
mentioned.

Seems ok, as long as there are never any cases where metadata may contain
information relevant to the content - and I can't think of any offhand..

Suppose you edit contents.  How to make sure that the metadata of all
the users is updated?

Ilya