perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-23 11:20:53
According to Steve Purkis:
Chip Salzenberg wrote:
I can't ever do justice to Ted's ideas.  But his idea was a WWW-like service
where each person can create his own farm of hyperlinks -- content need not
have all of its hyperlinks included at creation time; rather, hyperlinks are
added on by people who discover/decide where it would be a good idea to link
things.

Interesting idea.  And the links are stored in the ether?

If I create content, my server serves it to whoever wants it.
If I create metadata, my server serves it to whoever wants it.

I suppose this is the "[accessing] data in a
not-particularly-sequential fashion" problem you mentioned.

Yes and no, but it's related.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -
<chip(_at_)perlsupport(_dot_)com>