perl-unicode

Re: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

1998-10-23 10:14:19
"Steve" == Steve Purkis <spurkis(_at_)engsoc(_dot_)carleton(_dot_)ca>
writes:
    Steve> Seems ok, as long as there are never any cases where
    Steve> metadata may contain information relevant to the content -
    Steve> and I can't think of any offhand..

Eh? I would have thought meta-data is more likely than not to contain
information relevant to content.  Meta-data provides the context in
which content is interpreted.

From my understanding of Ted Nelson's presentation (which I also saw)
he doesn't invalidate that, he just believes content should support
more that one meta-data framework simultaneously.

--
Stephen
---