perl-unicode

Re: Picu: Perl wrappers for ICU

2000-12-19 20:20:38
Nick Ing-Simmons <nik(_at_)tiuk(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com> wrote:
If perl is to use it [optionally] "everywhere" perl runs
then ICU is going to get a portability shake-down it will never
forget ;-)

ICU and Perl will benefit greatly when things shake out. I'm hopeful that ICU
is reasonably ready for an [optional] maiden voyage.

For once I assume AIX will _not_ be the problem ...

I don't think AIX gets special treatment by the ICU folks from IBM. They mostly
aren't in the AIX group. So I guess we'll see. All I can say is I've had
reasonable luck on a lot of fairly vanilla configurations.

=Ed

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/