perl-unicode

Re: UTF-16 -> UTF-8

2001-11-16 12:39:16
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:41:52 +0000 (GMT), in perl.unicode you wrote:

I'm wanting to convert a file from UTF16 into UTF8. I believe I've
identified the tools to do it and all but installed them, apart
from Unicode::Map8 (v0.10).

Can anyone help me with the build errors (below) or advise me of
alternative modules I could use on Windows 2000 ?

I think I would probably have used Unicode::String.

Which version of Perl are you using? If you are using ActiveState's
ActivePerl distribution (which is likely, since it's the most common
Perl distribution on Windows), then you can install precompiled versions
of many modules with 'ppm' -- especially if you're running a build 6xx
(Perl version 5.6.x). Try 'ppm install Unicode-String', or 'ppm install
Unicode-Map8' if you want that.

Cheers,
Philip