perl-unicode

RE: UTF-16 -> UTF-8

2001-11-20 08:59:17

 Rui,
Interesting comment - I found a curiosity with the conversion from UTF16 to
UTF8 in that :
a. It didn't matter whether I issued a byteswap (to exchange between little-
and big-endian UTF-16) or not, it still produced the same answer for a
particular file.
b. One file worked fine, but for another it converted the Chinese data to
different Chinese data. Again see 'a'..
Both before and after for each case were viewed in Notepad on Windows 2000
using the Arial Unicode MS font.
Regards,
Tim
PS: Does anyone know of - even an odd looking - Fixed pitch Unicode font
including Western European, CJK, Cyrillic and Greek glyphs (ie: most Left to
Right data) ? It's not for an end-user, it's for techies like myself, so it
doesn't need to be brilliant, just more distinctive than a set of squares or
blocks !
  Rui Ribeiro <ruirib(_at_)computer(_dot_)org> wrote: Hi,

I saw your reference to the use of Unicode::String. Excuse me for asking, but
does it work? We've tried to several funtions from it
(utf16, ucs2,...) but the only one that seems to work is utf8?

Thanks.
Regards.

Rui Ribeiro