perl-unicode

Re: UTF-16 -> UTF-8

2001-11-21 11:26:26
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:34:48 -0000, in perl.unicode you wrote:

Don't lose more time over this. It seems there is some kind of problem with
the recognition of the encoding from other Office apps.
Its rather surprising that Notepad regosnizes the characters properly and
Word and Access don't.

Would it maybe help to add a BOM (byte order mark) at the beginning of
the file?

Anyway, I suppose you can now ask more questions on a Word or Access
list; the Perl part appears to work now, as far as I can see.

Cheers,
Philip