perl-unicode

Re: UTF-16 -> UTF-8

2001-11-22 10:28:27
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:04:52 -0000, in perl.unicode you wrote:

When adding the unicode value to the Sql string in
      $sql="INSERT INTO Tipo_Referencia ( Descricao )
            VALUES ('$palavra_utf16');";
there is an implicit conversion from the Unicode::String object
to a common Perl String value.

I thought that ->utf16 gives back a normal string anyway, and not a
Unicode::String object?

At any rate, I believe you can tell Unicode::String what the default
format to use for auto-stringification is. I'm afraid I don't have the
docs handy at the moment so I can't tell you where it is.

Cheers,
Philip