perl-unicode

Re: URL in L<>, non-ascii text in pod

2002-03-24 01:39:41
On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 05:24:40PM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
-F<http://www.oreilly.com/people/authors/lunde/cjk_inf.html>
+L<http://www.oreilly.com/people/authors/lunde/cjk_inf.html>
  I have left HTML links intentionally F<>, not L<> because I found most
pod parsers don't like URI in L<>.  Or has it been fixed on breadperl?

Yes. Please consult L<perlpodspec>:

"L<name>" -- a hyperlink
    ...Notably, the content has to be checked for whether it
    looks like a URL, or whether it has to be split on
    literal "|" and/or "/" (in the right order!), and so
    on, before E<...> codes are resolved.

  That reminds me of another question.  Is there any pod utilities fixed
so that it accepts bytes with MSB set?  Well, maybe it is not a good
idea to fix Pod::Man because for most cases [gn]roff don't work.  But
the fix in Pod::Html is definitely welcome (But does it take Encode to
be finalized?  Idunno).

The blead Pod::Text so far works for me, as well as the new podlator suite
in general.

/Autrijus/