perl-unicode

Re: URL in L<>, non-ascii text in pod

2002-03-24 22:51:59
On Monday, March 25, 2002, at 09:30 , Anton Tagunov wrote:
Thanks, I see it there :-)

Dan, what should we do about the L<...> in

Please feel free to send your comments, disagreements and
additions to L<...>.

0.98 or above does use L<> for URIs; As Autrijus URI support for L<> is ex officio now. But I have found podchecker5.7.3 warn on URIsh entries in L<>. But since the source af authority on L<> is is in perlpod, I decided it is podchecker that needs to be fixed. Maybe I can write a patch if I have time for that. For the time being, I will add Brad Appleton to the recipient list of this mail.
  Brad, perlpod in breadperl explictly states that;

           Or you can link to a web page:

           o   "L<scheme:...>"

               Links to an absolute URL.  For example,
               "L<http://www.perl.org/>".  But note that there is
               no corresponding "L<text|scheme:...>" syntax, for
               various reasons.

  Yet podchecker5.7.3 goes like this for URIs;

> podchecker5.7.3 JP/JP.pm
*** WARNING: node 'http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/unicode-
symbols.html.en' contains non-escaped | or / at line 83 in file JP/JP.pm
JP/JP.pm pod syntax OK.

  This definitely needs to be fixed.

Dan the Encode Maintainer