perl-unicode

Re: URL in L<>, non-ascii text in pod

2002-03-24 23:02:09
Dan Kogai wrote on the perl-unicode list:
[...]Yet podchecker5.7.3 goes like this for URIs;
> podchecker5.7.3 JP/JP.pm
*** WARNING: node 'http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/unicode-
symbols.html.en' contains non-escaped | or / at line 83 in file JP/JP.pm
JP/JP.pm pod syntax OK.

  This definitely needs to be fixed.

FYI, I've been trying to find the time for months now to finish up what I humbly hope to declare the complete replacement for Pod::Parser. It would have been done months ago, except that I had to delay finishng it because of a mix of health hassles, and my book taking much longer to finish. But, I've also sworn that once the book is done (and I'm finishing on the "last" chapter as we speak), I'm going right back to work on the Pod::Parser replacement. (I'm quite unhappy that book has delayed so many of my other important projects. But the book is regrettably quite unique among them in that it actually puts money in my hand.)

But in the meantime, I would be ecstatic if the dedicated and relevent parties would fix podchecker and Pod::Parser on this and other important points.

--
Sean M. Burke    sburke(_at_)cpan(_dot_)org    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/