perl-unicode

maito: for comments on the Supported.pod Re[2]: URL in L<>, non-ascii text in pod

2002-03-25 01:05:42
Hello, Dan!

Anton> Dan, what should we do about the L<...> in
Anton>
Anton> Please feel free to send your comments, disagreements and
Anton> additions to L<...>.

DK>    0.98 or above does use L<> for URIs;

Anton> Dan, I wanted to ask what email should we put in Supported.pod,
Anton> requesting people to send there comments to!

Anton> I was worried about saying things like

Anton> "... are totally valid encodings but not registered at IANA.
Anton>  The names under which they are listed here are probably the
Anton>  most widely-known names for these encodings and are recommended
Anton>  names."
Anton>
Anton> I hoped that if I have said anything wrong in this section,
Anton> people, probably completely unrelated to our mailing lists,
Anton> would correct my mistakes and say, for example:
Anton>   no, 'GB 12345' is not 'the recommended' name, you should
Anton>   recommend 'GB12345'
Anton> or
Anton>   Encode also supports encoding 'xyz'
Anton>   but you have forgotten to classify it.
Anton>   It fits well into category 'bbb' (needs a new category)

- Anton