perl-unicode

Re: URL in L<>, non-ascii text in pod

2002-03-24 17:31:17
Hello Dan!

Anton> Ooops, here goes the patch :-)

DK>    I will apply and fix some.

Thanks, I see it there :-)

Dan, what should we do about the L<...> in

Please feel free to send your comments, disagreements and
additions to L<...>.

?

I meant this to replaced by some mail address.
Probably perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org, or your address, or mine..

Or if we do not provide any I meant this abstract to be wiped away.

Your opinion?

- Anton

P.S. Actually I was worried about saying things like

"... are totally valid encodings but not registered at IANA.
 The names under which they are listed here are probably the
 most widely-known names for these encodings and are recommended
 names."

I hoped that if I have said anything wrong in this section,
people, probably completely unrelated to our mailing lists,
would correct my mistakes and say, for example:
  no, 'GB 12345' is not 'the recommended' name, you should
  recommend 'GB12345'
or
  Encode also supports encoding 'xyz'
  but you have forgotten to classify it.
  It fits well into category 'bbb' (needs a new category)

That was the intention behind that last abstract on the info
being 'fragile'.