perl-unicode

Re: perlunicode comment - when Unicode does not happen

2003-12-23 15:30:09
Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone is interested in helping in getting a new locale
standard (one can never have too many :-), the CLDR project can always
use extra eyeballs.  CLDR?  Common Locale Data Repository:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/locale/CLDR_status.html

I've spent a bit of time building a locale framework around the CLDR data,
but it's not ready yet. The CLDR stuff is definitely useful, but patchy and
downright wrong in parts - its the best freely available data out there ATM
though. Good to see the ICU stuff going into P6 - hope it will relatively
easy to use though - I hate the APIs!

Anyway, hope to get something out early(ish) in the new year if anyone is
interested - I've already talked to a couple of folks, but more would
always be useful!

Cheers,
--
Rich
scriptyrich(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk