Re: getting pre4 to work over here

1995-11-06 05:32:34
From: hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com (Hal Wine)

At 04:20 11/4/95, Dallman Ross wrote:
The bad news is that I still have no progress, although my .forward now
reads:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /u/iued/hh0/.dman/bin/procmail -tf- || exit 75 #hh0"

Still no log and vanishing mail.

What happens when you send mail to yourself?  Does it dissapear or get
bounced?  It's often in those bounce messages that you see information
about "programs can't be executed".

It disappears.

Assuming that site uses sendmail as it's MTA, you might want to
check the /etc/sendmail.cf file to see if mailing to programs is
allowed.  That info is in the line starting "Mprog", and should have
an arguement like "P=/bin/sh" or some such.

Interesting tip.  Here is the output.  Is this the problem?

grep Mprog /etc/sendmail.cf
Mprog,  P=/usr/local/etc/smrsh,       F=lsDFM,   S=10, R=20, A=sh -c $u

--
Dallman Ross