Re: Dealing with Quota's?

1996-05-31 19:09:44
On Fri, 31 May 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:

Ed Hill <edhill(_at_)strobe(_dot_)weeg(_dot_)uiowa(_dot_)edu> writes:
Currently we have quota's turned off, but we plan on turning them back on
soon.  What is the expected behavior when procmail can't update a person's
mail file because he/she is over quota.  Does it die with a hard error and
bounce back to sender?

<checks the source>

It treats it like any other write error and considers the write as
failing.  If the -t flag was given then it'll exit with EX_TEMPFAIL and
sendmail will requeue it, otherwise it'll exit with EX_CANTCREAT and
sendmail will bounce it.  It *will* spew a little note to stderr
("Quota exceeded while writing") which sendmail should nicely include
in the bounce message.

As just a user, can I specify -t flag in my .forward file?

It is currently:

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #brozen"

Would I just make it?

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -t -f- || exit 75 #brozen"

Thanks,

 | Brock Rozen | brozen(_at_)netvoyage(_dot_)net |
http://www.netvoyage.net/~brozen |