Re: procmailrc debugging

1996-07-25 11:05:29
When I offered some answers to Steve Hill, he responded,

| Your suggested changes seem to work (but being a belt-n-suspenders
| sysadmin, I changed the /dev/null to junkmail).  Thanks for solving my
| problem.

Glad I could help.  In his original post, Steve had also asked another
question:

| > | Additionally, I am receiving empty messages, probably representing
| > | spare blank lines between some messages.

... to which I replied,

| > I can't help you with that part.  Good luck.

because, whereas formail -s would have known to overlook those spare blank
lines, popmail (or whatever Steve was using) is outside my experience.

Steve followed up,

| I cheated in a test, ahead of the rest:
|
| :0
| * < 45
| /dev/null
|
| which seems to have solved the problem.  Thanks for your assistance!!

Ah; I thought you wanted to know how to prevent popmail (or whatever is
the culprit) from sending them in the first place.  Glad you found a
solution.