Trouble with Procmail-3.10 and smail-3.2 under Linux

1996-08-20 00:50:08
I'm running Linux using the Slakware distribution installed from
the November 1995 INFORMAGIC Developers' Resource CDs.  I
recently changed from sendmail to smail-3.2.  While my system
performance has increased dramatically, it appears that I can no
longer run procmail.  I have modified the local transport both in
accordance with the procmail distribution and in accordance with
the precompiled Slackware-compatible smail distribution I
downloaded and installed from
ftp://heaven.kayhay.com/pub/linux/distrib/n3/smail.tgz.

 While I am not completely sure, I believe the problem is a
"stuck" lockfile.  There is no problem using the "regular" local
delivery as compiled into smail.

My permissions are:

bash$ ls -l /usr/sbin/smail
-r-sr-xr-x   1 root     root       244492 Aug  6 09:13 /usr/sbin/smail
bash$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/procmail
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     mail        54861 Dec 26  1995 /usr/local/bin/procmail

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Peter