Re: forward if smaller than X

1996-08-21 11:15:18
Timothy Luoma asked,

| Pardon me if this is an FAQ< but I didn't find anything referring
| to it in words I recognized.

It isn't an FAQ; it's an RTFM (the "F" is for "fluffy").

| I get my mail delivered to my ISP.  If it is for me directly (ie
| not list) then a copy gets forwarded to another account
|
| However, this 2nd account can't handle large email (over 1meg) it seems.
|
| Can I do something based on the SIZE of the message?

Check the part about size conditions ["< number" and "> number"] in the
procmailrc(5) man page.

  [after all recipes that handle mail that came via lists]

  :0 # second condition may be written this way:   * ! > 1024000
  * $ ^TO_$LOGNAME
  * < 1024001
  ! other_address

Actually, forwarding will add another Received: header and is likely to
alter the length (possibly longer, possibly shorter) of the From_ line,
so you may want to set the threshold a little lower to be sure it's still
within one meg when it gets to the other site.