Re: Feature request

1996-08-21 11:53:56
I have some questions, asked with some bit of incredulity:

* Does your patch cause procmail to read the user's ~/.mh_profile?

No.

* Does it update the unseen sequence for each folder?

No.

As I have said repeatedly, all I wanted is for procmail to report *ALL* of the
files it stores into when it stores into multiple folders.  That's all.

With a recipe such as:

:0
[conditions]
f1/. f2/. f3/.

I wanted LASTFOLDER to have the value "f1/x f2/y f3/z" (where x, y, and z are
the appropriate message numbers for each folder).  The standard behavior sets
LASTFOLDER to "f1/x" only, giving no information about the links.

Given the information I want, it then becoes *possible* to write a recipe which
calls an external program with the (now extended) value of LASTFOLDER which
would take care of the MH sequences.  I don't expect procmail to know MH (other
than storing in numbered files, as it already does).

I hope I've been clear.

--

Brian R. Becker
beckerb(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucdavis(_dot_)edu

"Commander, you know everything about your stone garden. But clearly, you
 have not spent nearly enough time looking at it."
        -- Delenn, "The Gathering"