Re: Feature request

1996-08-21 15:48:16
As I have said repeatedly, all I wanted is for procmail to report *ALL* of
the
files it stores into when it stores into multiple folders.  That's all.

With a recipe such as:

:0
[conditions]
f1/. f2/. f3/.

I wanted LASTFOLDER to have the value "f1/x f2/y f3/z" (where x, y, and z are
the appropriate message numbers for each folder).  The standard behavior sets
LASTFOLDER to "f1/x" only, giving no information about the links.

Well, sorry to have been so dense, but I don't think you stated it so
clearly before.

In any case, having procmail place multiple folders in LASTFOLDER seems
the Right Thing to do.  I could have used it for the same reason you
have.

This handles the case of saving multiple folders in parallel, with a
single delivering recipe.

I've also thought about the problem of identifying the various folders
involved in multiple, serially invoked delivering recipes.  Ie:

    :0
    f1/.

    :0
    f2/.

    :0
    f3/.

Even though LASTFOLDER is documented to only have "f3/nnn" in it, it
would be nice if there were *some* way to discover *all* new
folders/files which procmail had saved into.  Perhaps, a new variable:

    SAVEFOLDERS

which accumulates all saved folders, over a given procmail session.

Anyway, thanks for the extra explanation.