Re: notification

1996-11-08 10:48:17
Excerpts from mail: (08-Nov-96) notification by R Wayne McCorkle
I am fairly new to procmail, but seem to have it working smoothly. It is
certainly nice if one is subscribed to multiple mailing lists. My question
concerns biff, or other mail notification. I wanted to know what people
use in general in conjunction with procmail. If possible, I would like a
running tallly of where mail is going, maybe like a console type of
application. I am getting tired of watching my $LOGFILE to see where mail
is going.

My favorite X Windows program for monitoring mailboxes is xbuffy. You can get
the latest version at <ftp://tigger.itc.virginia.edu/pub/src/xbuffy3.3.tar.gz>.
Xbuffy can be configured to pop-up temporary windows containing the From: and
Subject: headers whenever incoming e-mail arrives. You can configure it to
play any sound you want when any given mailbox receives new mail. You can
also configure it so that clicking on a mailbox executes some program (like
your mail program). It's very cool, I think.

Later,
Ed