Re: notification

1996-11-09 18:56:46
R. Wayne McCorkle <wmccorkl(_at_)porter(_dot_)psl(_dot_)nmsu(_dot_)edu>
mentioned:

If possible, I would
like a running tallly of where mail is going, maybe like a console type
of application. I am getting tired of watching my $LOGFILE to see where
mail is going.

Wayne
Try opening a shell executing 'tail -f $LOGFILE' and let it go...

If this is the way you like to do it, then even better is doing it
like this (on linux, at least):

tail -f $LOGFILE > /dev/tty7 &

This will send it all to that console, opening it if it's not used.

I often have things like this running to watch my syslogs:

tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog > /dev/tty7 &

(To close the console after you've finished with it, use the
`disalloc' utility).

Cheers
Tony