Re: notification

1996-11-09 08:03:23
(This doesn't address the task of keeping tallies.)  While I like
xbuffy, some of my sessions are character based.  For these I use a
program called mailcheck, posted in comp.mail.pine a couple of years
ago. Typical output is

  Unread mail in standard mailbox << Extra filter replaces actual filename
  Unread mail in procmail
  Unread mail in sage
  Unread mail in ids

Since that program's author is unknown, I've made a copy available for
anonymous ftp at ftp://helix.nih.gov/pub/rick/mailcheck.c and
mailcheck.1.  These will be cleaned from the system in a couple of
weeks.

Enjoy,
--
   Rick Troxel     Rick_Troxel(_at_)nih(_dot_)gov
rick(_at_)helix(_dot_)nih(_dot_)gov