splitting digests, catching duplicates

1996-12-05 15:51:01

Here's the deal:

I get 7 digests a day dealing with NeXTStep (comp.sys.next.*).

Recently, people have decided to start crossposting a TON.  Why I
don't know.

Anyway, the digests that I get don't have message-IDs for the
messages within them, so I can't use that for filtering.

I've been splitting them this way:

:0
*^Subject: next-announce
| formail +1 -des procmail $DIGESTS/Announcements

:0
*^Subject: next-misc
| formail +1 -des procmail $DIGESTS/Misc

:0
*^Subject: next-software
| formail +1 -des procmail $DIGESTS/Software

Now, what I would _like_ to do is:

(for example)
        - Match on Subject "next-software"

        - add 'Newsgroups: comp.sys.next.software' to
_each_message_within the digest

        - create a new ID for each message within the digest (md5?)
which could be used to get rid of duplicates.

Is this possible?  Parts of it?  How?

Thanks
--
                Tj Luoma (luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org)