Re: invalid regexp

1996-12-09 16:12:46
I was under the impression that procmail would assume
the uid/gid of the owner of .procmailrc  (it is being run
from mailertable, so there is no user to give it at first.)

Under what conditions is this not the case?

My procmail is called from sendmail like this:

Mprocmail,      P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=DFMShu, S=11/31, R=21/31,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -m $h $f $u

my procmail binary:

-rwsrwxr-x   1 root     root        54924 Oct 24 09:16 /usr/local/bin/procmail*

For example:

-r--r--r--   1 627      2568          676 Dec  9 12:20 .procmailrc

Mail is attempted delivery as the owner of the process that sent it,
which works from outside, but not from this box.

I want procmail to get the uid/gid of that file and demote to it.

-m   Turns procmail into a general purpose mail filter.  In this
        mode one rcfile must be specified on the  com-
        mand  line.  After the rcfile, procmail will accept an
        unlimited number of arguments.  If the rcfile is an absolute
        path starting with /etc/procmailrcs/ without backward
        references (i.e. the parent directory  can- not  be
        mentioned)  procmail  will, only if no security violations
        are found, take on the identity of the owner of the rcfile
        (or symbolic link).

does it really have to be in /etc/procmailrcs?  ????
I have fully specified the path, but it is not /etc

does 'world readable' constitute a violation?
The directory is 775.

I would be willing to disable the security 'feature' just to get this to work.

   James L. McGill      |              NETCOM  Interactive
 Programmer / Analyst   |                 Dallas, Texas
 <fishbowl(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com>  | -=[ http://www.conservatory.com/~fishbowl
]=-
Variables don't; constants aren't.