Re: [Procmail] Changing Mail Headers for messages sent to the list (Re: [Procmail??]

1997-01-06 17:03:37
BTW - I'm not a big fan of having these message subjects modified
with [Procmail] inserted. I already have procmail and eudora
sorting my mail for me and it looks odd to have a procmail folder
where so many messages say [Procmail] -- If they are in my procmail
folder I know they are procmail! I had to enlarge my mailer's
procmail windows to see the longer subjects.

        Sorry, but I am also heavily involved in spamfighting and on-line
censorhsip getting like 100 messages a day.  I ALREADY sort them into
different (generalized) folders, but need the modified Subject lines so I
know what's what.

Not only that, but it screws up sorting by subject, because some of
them have it and some of it do not.

        Sorry...I haven't thought of a hack for outgoing messages.  For
one thing, message corruption would be much worse to happen than on
incoming messages.

This is the procmail group, I don't think people here need to
change the subject to know what the topic is about, they should be
able to change some other header.

        I'm open to suggestions, but remember that I'm on about 10
different mailing lists.

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam me and die!
Think your homepage sucks?  You haven't seen http://www.ot.com/~dmuth yet!!