Re: [Procmail??] Apparently-To: Headers

1997-01-07 08:44:34
Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
:How much spam do other people out there receive?  Ten a day?  More than
:that?  Less than that?  Less than 10 a week?  Less than one a week?

I get maybe 10 or 20 a week, but I'm seeing the frequency rise.  The
problem will get _much_ worse before it gets better.  Even such
defenses as wje(_at_)netcom(_dot_)no(_dot_)spam(_dot_)please(_dot_)com don't
seem to work any more.

My solution is to bounce all mail that doesn't have "rabbit" in the
Subject: line.

I don't bounce _all_ such mail, of course; I look at the From_ line
for acceptable mailing lists like this one, and I look at the From:
line to see whether you're on my list of friends or in my home domain,
and of course I look on the Subject: line to see whether you've said
"rabbit".  Or also "^Re: ", to allow e-mail responses from newsgroups
to which I post.

spamgard (tm) consists mainly of perl scripts and documentation (which
includes the obligatory nutritional information), and comes with a
sample procmailrc and other configuration files. uuencoded, it's about
100k.

If you're interested in spamgard (tm), which is in Beta and which I'm
distributing free under the GNU General Public License, e-mail me, and
I'll mail you the uuencoded package.  (But on the Subject: line, be
sure to include ... well, you know.  :)

-- Bill Evans