Re: [Procmail??] Apparently-To: Headers

1997-01-06 08:31:59

Ok, so "legitimate" mail sometimes has Apparently-To: headers - so would it
be safe(er) to use something like this to trash messages with a bunch of
these headers - say twenty?

:0:
* -20^0
* 1^1 ^Apparently-To:
junkmail

Of course you could take the stand that any Apparently-To: headers shows
disrespect for proper mail handling and return it (kind of like not
accepting mail if the stamp is on a bit askew!).

BTW - I'm not a big fan of having these message subjects modified with
[Procmail] inserted.  I already have procmail and eudora sorting my mail
for me and it looks odd to have a procmail folder where so many messages
say [Procmail] -- If they are in my procmail folder I know they are
procmail!  I had to enlarge my mailer's procmail windows to see the longer
subjects.

Now if we could just kill that Novell mailer that says -Reply -Reply -Reply
-Reply -Reply....

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com