FROM_MAILER versus FROMMAILER

1997-04-03 09:30:00
    Reference: procmail v3.10 under SunOS 4.1.4.

    In the last page of man procmailrc(5) for this version of procmail,
there are explanations of the macros FROMDAEMON and FROMMAILER with no
internal underscores in the name.  However, in the examples in the
early pages of man procmailex(5), they appear as FROM_DAEMON and
FROM_MAILER.  Are the two forms of each macro identical, or is there an
undocumented difference?

    In my recipes file, I have two recipes,

:0:
* ^FROM_MAILER
IN.receipts

:0:
* ^Subject:.*Return receipt
IN.receipts

They are supposed to catch routine administrative messages and place
them in a special folder for later, leisurely examination.  However,
from time to time a legitimate piece of personal mail shows up in that
folder, and so far looking at the full message headers I have not been
able to determine what the recipe is catching.  Turning on verbose
logging to catch an entirely asynchronous occasional message does not
seem reasonable, and I have not figured out a way to send a message to
myself to try to duplicate the condition.  Anybody had any similar
experiences?  Thanks.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart