Re: FROM_MAILER versus FROMMAILER

1997-04-03 16:03:00
    Two responses in one.  Thanks very much, folks.

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, era eriksson wrote (excerpted):

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:58:17 -0500 (EST),
Paul O Bartlett <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net> wrote:
 > there are explanations of the macros FROMDAEMON and FROMMAILER with no
 > internal underscores in the name.  However, in the examples in the

Sounds to me like the person who installed the man pages fouled up.
[...]

    In my recipes I do use the underscore form.  They seem to work just
fine.  But in my post, I just didn't put in the carets, which are
there.

 > [about occasional messages showing up in a folder which
 > [is normally for administrative mail]

Just save those messages to a file and run them again. Or pipe
straight from your mail reader to Procmail, that's quicker. [...]

    Good suggestion.  I am using Pine, and I can pipe it directly back
through procmail after I turn on verbose logging (presuming I remember
this suggestion, of course :-)

  There have been reports of addresses which match ^FROM_MAILER by
accident but I don't recall any such cases right now. Are the
mismatches always from the same account?)

    Not that I recall, but I haven't really paid close attention.