Re: Bouncing/refusing mail with EXITCODE

1997-04-14 20:34:00
On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, era eriksson wrote:

The idea is to prevent e.g. .*bell from matching "labelled". \<bell\>
will match .bell., @bell., -bell- but not southernbell., bellow, or
bell at the end of line. (Replacing \> with \>|$ takes care of that,
as above.)

Era, I appreciate what you're saying but I think it's a case of
over-engineering.  If by some chance somebody ends up in TRASHCAN,
nothing is really lost. Making it more specific defeats the concept
of keeping things simple. I do not send mail to /dev/null.

Polished up a bit more (excluding that \>|$ and \. stuff), a lockfile,
and a line allowing mail from a gentleman at stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)(_dot_)
(voyager).

If anyone wants to make things more complicated, be my guest.  :-)

##/home/jvahn/.procmailrc
#
# Put mail from questionable sites in a TRASHCAN folder for
# later examination.
#
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
COMSAT=no
#LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log
#VERBOSE=on

:0
* ^(From|Message-id|Received):.*(andernet|earthlink\
|dm1.com|quant|telysis|sprynet|rosey|worldnet|bell\
|getnet|grafix|voyager|aol.com|origin.suppressed\
|kiminc|cyber|america|redrove|concen|cris.com|indiana)
* ! ^From:.*(stanr(_at_)sunspot)
{
        EXITCODE=67
        :0:.trashem