Re: Still can't get it right...

1997-05-15 00:56:00
On Wed, 14 May 1997 22:02:12 -0700 (PDT),
Eric Hilding <eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> wrote:

I understand it's "dangerous" to screw around with the "from" part,
but is there ANYTHING I can do to block this stuff from the planet?

What do you mean? The from part of a Received: line merely tells you
what the sending host told the receiving host it should believe the
sending host's name to be -- if somebody tries to impersonate
Earthlink there, it's not very hard, but they should also suit
themselves if the mail never arrives (IMHO)

For the record, I block stuff with Earthlink in the Received: line but
I merely sort it to a different folder so I can complain when I have
the time.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>