Re: Still can't get it right...

1997-05-15 14:27:00
On Thu, 15 May 1997 13:28:31 -0700 (PDT),
Eric Hilding <eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com> wrote:
For the record, I block stuff with Earthlink in the Received: line but
I merely sort it to a different folder so I can complain when I have
the time.
I guess that's where I'm still missing it.  Then, if I understand you
correctly, *this* should work?
   * ^Received:(_dot_)*(_at_)earthlink\(_dot_)net
   /dev/null

No; the Received: line usually doesn't contain a @ there. But your
original question is still a bit puzzling -- I understood you were
saying you thought something like

    :0
    /dev/null

would be somehow "dangerous" and I'm not quite sure I get it.
Why would that be dangerous, other than for the fact that any
filtering will by definition lose you mail (at least if you put it
straight in the bit bucket)?

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>