Re: New user, errors in logfile

1997-05-17 12:35:00
Mike Andersson <anderss(_at_)u(_dot_)washington(_dot_)edu> writes:
These two lines appear with almost every message that is
processed:

      procmail: Kernel-lock failed
      procmail: Kernel-unlock failed

It seems to me that something is not happy with the lockfile
configuration... Unfortunately, I'm not entirely familiar with
[OK, I don't know squat about] lockfiles. What do I do now?

You should reconfigure and recompile procmail, being careful to specify
an inclusive set of directories.  Read the INSTALL file, it describes
how to do that.  As long as you're recompiling procmail you should upgrade
to version 3.11pre7, availible at ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de in the
/pub/packages/procmail/ directory.

Philip Guenther