Re: Clubmail spam

1997-05-24 13:43:00
On Sat, 24 May 1997, Lars Hecking wrote:

Debra Walker writes:

This is the second time I have received spam from this outfit.  I got a
copy of it the other day, via direct email.  Can anyone suggest a good
recipe to catch these messages?

 I have added a simple Subject: (free|money) filter now after this
 spam appeared in my procmail inbox, but it trapped your and
 Wotan's reply too ... dunno how to prevent this.

Thats the problem with filtering a mailing list.  You run the risk of
losing what you might have wanted to see.

Its why i asked if we can limit postings to subscribers.  Makes it a
little harder for some to write the list, but it will make it easier to
prevent spammers from sendng.  Or joining.

--
Feel disillusioned?  I've got some great new illusions ...