Re: Clubmail spam

1997-05-24 14:27:00
On Sat, 24 May 1997 20:28:55 +0100 (BST), Lars Hecking wrote:

: Debra Walker writes:
: >
: > This is the second time I have received spam from this outfit.  I got a
: > copy of it the other day, via direct email.  Can anyone suggest a good
: > recipe to catch these messages?
:
:  I have added a simple Subject: (free|money) filter now after this
:  spam appeared in my procmail inbox, but it trapped your and
:  Wotan's reply too ... dunno how to prevent this.

I trade spam with others in the hopes of understanding and filtering
it, so I have had to create a top-level filter to accept (as opposed
to the usual reject) mail from known good sources that would normally
set off all the bells. I made a file called 'goodguys' and use this
filter at the top of my .procmailrc:

# Priority acceptance
:0
* ? fgrep -f goodguys
/usr/mail/revjack

The 'goodguys' file contains mailing list addresses and addresses of
people who write from otherwise banned domains like Earthlink.
revjack(_at_)radix(_dot_)net