Re: spam sw pattern.

1997-06-01 21:20:00
So then, on  2 Jun 97, procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aach forwarded:

      over the past couple of days, I've noticed a new flavour
      of spam program. you cant match on id/site because it
      spews its crap everywhere.

But its TO: field seems consistent as friend(_at_)public(_dot_)com

I keep a [Ff]riend(_at_)public\(_dot_)com rule pointing to my spam folder.  It
catches most of this.

However, the the other messages you mention that don't follow this TO:
field do foil the scripts.

      about the only consistent thing about is is the id is
      always an 8 digit number.

My question (as I am hardly an expert on regexp) is is there a way to
filter on the user name (the characters before the @)?

Since it seems that this latest program puts an 8 digit number before the
@ in their address, if there was a way to filter any message that had
only numbers in the user name "field" it would seem to be an effective
weapon against this spam.

Jeff
...just joining the list to ask this question, and the first message he
gets is right up his alley...

Jeff Knapp
director(_at_)gti(_dot_)net

I woke up one morning and looked around the room. Something wasn't right. I
realized that someone
had broken in the night before and replaced everything in my apartment with an
exact replica.
I couldn't believe it...I got my roommate and showed him. I said, "Look at
this--everything's
been replaced with an exact replica!" He said, "Do I know you?"