Re: spam sw pattern.

1997-06-02 07:49:00
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, era eriksson wrote:

I don't know about this; I believe you can filter on X-UIDL if you're
not a POP user yourself (but you should apparently not use this as the
sole criterion for a spam reject).

 > Comments: Authenticated sender is <mikep(_at_)totuff(_dot_)net>

Do other people than spammers do this "authenticated sender" thing?

Its a feature of Pegasus mail.  As is the X-UIDL.

 >    about the only consistent thing about is is the id is
 >    always an 8 digit number.

Not really. But sure, you can say

    :0:
    * ^From: [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]@
    scratch/spam

But, not all contain the same number of numbers.  :)

--
"Spare no expense to save money on this one."
                -- Samuel Goldwyn