Re: spam sw pattern.

1997-06-02 07:49:00
So then, on  2 Jun 97, era said...

 > Comments: Authenticated sender is <mikep(_at_)totuff(_dot_)net>

Do other people than spammers do this "authenticated sender" thing?

YES!

Quite a few people use Pegaus Mail for purposes other than spam.  The
spammers got angry at David Harris because he chnaged his licening
agreement to reflect that spammers can't give away his program, nor can
they use his program for spam.

So they've turned around and attempted to besmirch his program's good name
by forging the Authenticated Sender header.

Also, they're now sending out mail with an X-PMFLAGS header which
immediately marks messages as read (and other things) thus preventing them
from being subjected to Pegasus' filtering rules.

Not really. But sure, you can say

    :0:
    * ^From: [0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]@
    scratch/spam

That's what I was looking for!

Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Knapp
director(_at_)gti(_dot_)net

I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you
know the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" I replied, "Yes, but
I wasn't going to be out that long.