Re: Shell influence

1997-09-09 14:28:43
"James L. McGill" <fishbowl(_at_)fotd(_dot_)netcomi(_dot_)com> wrote:
From: Kimmo Jaskari <kimmo(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi>
considering using some ready-made anti-spam filters though, like
spam bouncer, but those recipes are made using the Korn shell, something
that's not even available on our server.
Is there such a thing as a ksh script that won't run under bash?

Certainly. I have been bitten by that several times.

Offhand, bash does not
        understand the 'whence' command
        like aliases in scripts
        know how to trap the "debug" event

The latter two may be configurable things that I just never bothered to
learn how to enable.

Elijah