Re: Newbie Question: AutoResponder to AutoResponder Loop?

1997-09-11 05:48:23
On Wednesday 10 September 97, at 21 h 5, the keyboard of "Schramm, Rich"
<RDSchramm(_at_)scripps(_dot_)com> wrote:

My concern is that somehow, someone that has an autoresponder (AR) of
their own will send me a message, it will be valid, my program will
respond back, their program will respond back, my program will respond
back, etc.,etc...

I thought the X-Loop would prevent this, but I am not so sure.  To test,

Add a "Precedence: junk" in your reply. It will match procmail's
FROM_DAEMON (and probably will be efficient with any properly written
autoresponder). You can also test the Re: in the subject.

set up by the user like I have done with mine?  It does not seem to
catch the X-Loop on a normal reply like it does with the bounces.  I

Most Mail User Agents do not copy the headers when replying.

:0 w: verify
* !^FROM_DAEMON
[ * !^FROM_MAILER is useless, FROM_MAILER is a subset of FROM_DAEMON]
* !Subject: *Re:
| /usr/local/bin/formail -rtk \
        -A "X-Loop: registration(_at_)thesite(_dot_)com" \
        -A"Precedence: junk" | /usr/local/bin/verimail.pl