Re: Newbie Question: AutoResponder to AutoResponder Loop?

1997-09-11 07:01:26

My concern is that somehow, someone that has an autoresponder (AR) of
their own will send me a message, it will be valid, my program will
respond back, their program will respond back, my program will respond
back, etc.,etc...
I thought the X-Loop would prevent this, but I am not so sure.

What happened to me was that an autoresponse "bounced".  The bounce
message still had the X-Loop, but it was not part of the header, since the
other guy adds a header and quotes the "bounced" message.  I can also
check the body for my X-Loop to fix that.  (Or does someone see a
potential problem with that?)