Re: Abuse of procmail list

1997-09-25 07:35:03

``Hrm, I have a question about a UNIX shell script, so I should post it to
 comp.unix.question, but because it is a shell script, I should also post it
 to comp.unix.shells and what's the difference between that and
 comp.unix.shell?  I don't know, I'll post there too, and
 comp.unix.questions, and comp.unix.misc''

If you had been on for months and you knew from experience that you were
probably wasting your time posting to the preferred group, you might well
post to a second one. At least I would.

Except that how many folks on the procmail list have ever seen the Smartlist
program?  Do they know what the particular set of recipes does, and how it
fits together with the other recipes?

They are the likliest people in the universe to be able to figure a
complicated procmail script out. That is the whole point. Does everybody
here understand how all the bits of SpamBouncer go together? There are a
whole lot of recipes posted here that I don't understand, but that doesn't
make them off-topic.

And if they know all this, why are they not willing to help on the smartlist
list, and if they are not willing to help there why would they want to help
on the procmail list?

I think what I will do is not reveal that they are bits of SmartList code,
then everybody will think I am merely asking procmail questions on the
procmail list, which is precisely what I'm doing. ;)

Again, the technological solution to this problem is at your disposal. If
anybody has anything further to say to me on this please heckle me in pmail
like  Paul Dunne is doing, I'm done annoying the list with it.

--Ken
           68 Westy, Admin -- type2 -- The VW Bus Mailing List