Re: Rant about spamgard (off-topic)

1997-10-01 03:31:22
Tim writes on 30 September 1997 at 23:54:55
process(_at_)qz(_dot_)little-neck(_dot_)ny(_dot_)us (Eli the Bearded) wrote:
[...]
point is that if a whitelist user misses an occasional piece of mail
and that doesn't bother him, what is the problem with using a
whitelist?

[...]
This is the first legitimate mail I've missed in about three months.
I'm not crying.

I'll take that over having my mailbox innundated with spam and/or daily

I think what bugs people so much about such schemes is that mail is
effectively lost.  Such feelings are heightened in this arena as
"procmail" itself goes to extremes to prevent the loss of mail.

   Dan
------------------- message is author's opinion only ------------------
J. Daniel Smith <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com>
http://www.bristol.com/~DanS
Bristol Technology B.V.                   +31 33 450 50 50, ...51 (FAX)
Amersfoort, The Netherlands               {info,jobs}(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com